Thursday, August 30, 2007

I THINK I'LL STICK WITH IT

An interesting thing happened today when I opened my blog. I received this award.

It was awarded to me from a very uplifting blog 'MONDAY MORNING POWER' and it made me think.

You may have noticed on my blog that I have a Stat Counter. It is becoming common to have them on your blog or website and they are really interesting in that they can tell you how often your blog is visited and what city/state/province they come from, not to mention the site they accessed yours from. In many ways they are interesting as well as helpful. It's nice to know how often your blog is viewed.

I have to admit I was getting somewhat discouraged that this site got very few visitors whereas my art site THE FUNCTIONAL ARTIST was increasing on a daily basis. I had to ask myself some thought provoking questions. Was my topic choice for this blog an unpopular topic? Was my method or style of writing boring? Did I come across as a person who thought they 'new it all' when in fact that is the last image I want to portray. Or was it something as simple as an 'overtalked subject' on the blogs?

Well after a lot of thinking and debating I came to the conclusion that in the big picture, none of that mattered. As long as I have this passion for children and believe in what I'm writing then I should continue on with it. If even one person reads and follows my blog taking with them some confort or reassurance or even amusement, then what more could I ask for?

And now I must go on and spread the award to other very deserving bloggers.

1 comment:

DubLiMan said...

Trish,
You are very welcome. As far as traffic goes, you have to give to get. Post frequently. Visit lots of blogs and leave lots of comments. Go back to my 14 rules: http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2007/07/increasing-blog-readership-14-rules-by.html
I followed my own rules and in three months I have a Technorati Authority of 120 and averaging about 100 hits a day. I also post daily. Do not be afraid to ask for link exchanges, but only to blogs that you really like. Above all, be sincere in all of your comments. Visit some of the blogs on my blogroll. They are all great! But before asking for a link exchange be sure that you have posted daily for at least 2 weeks.

Now get to work!!