Friday, September 7, 2007

WHOSE BIRTHDAY IS IT ANYWAY???

I am really excited to be going to visit my youngest son tomorrow at College. It is his 20th birthday tomorrow and I'm happy I'll be able to spend it with him. Wow, 20 years already. I remember twenty years ago tonight I had my husband take me for a drive on the bumpiest roads he could find...:) I was bound and determined I was going to go into labour that night. You see, my best friend was pregnant with her first child, I was with my third, and we were due a few days apart. I got a call earlier that evening that she was in labour and headed to the hospital. Not without me I said!!!! Well, lo and behold if I didn't go into labour later that evening.

It was kind of comical, as they wheeled her into the delivery room they wheeled me into the prep room. We had a chance to say hi and wish each other a safe delivery. As was typical of a first baby her delivery took somewhat longer and we ended up having our boys 2 hrs. apart. Her son was born on September 7th and mine 2 hours later on September 8th delivered by the same doctor. It was fun to share that experience with a close friend and our children grew up as very close friends also.

As I spoke with my son tonight about our upcoming visit tomorrow I asked him, "What are you giving me for your birthday?"

He responded..."What am I giving you? But it's my birthday!!"

"Yes, I realize that son," I replied, "But who was it that went through all the pain, sleeplessness and worry 20 years ago? I think flowers will do nicely. :)"

2 comments:

DubLiMan said...

So, where are you???

Lynsey said...

I agree, if they only knew!

Just saying hi, cute blog.

Lyns