Friday, July 13, 2007

ON A LIGHTER NOTE......

I have to share one of my favourite exchanges with my two sons when they were younger.

My oldest son Kyle was around 8 and he was helping me prepare a stew I was making for dinner. He was at the counter totally engrossed in the preparation of the vegetables when his younger 6 year old brother Corey came by and remarked..."Hah hah Kyle you are doing girls work."

Kyle responded, "Boys need to learn how to cook too." I mentally patted myself on the back feeling good about the fact that my son had actually learned the importance of equality and equal share in work. But my bubble soon burst when I heard Kyle add..."After all, who is going to do the cooking when the mom is sick?"

Not quite the lesson I was trying to teach....:)

6 comments:

DubLiMan said...

You're back!! I missed you.

You left a quote on my site that I really like. You have given me an idea that I will have to work through. It is along the lines of a "Reader submission corner." I need to work out the details before I finalize it. As long as the quotes or stories falls with my primary focus of "The Pursuit, Capture, Care & Feeding of a Positive Mental Attitude."

Thank you!

DubLiMan said...

By the way, cute story about your son. Sometimes it's the result that counts, even if the reason for it is not what you originally planned.

trish said...

Gee thanks, it's nice to be missed! I am always searching and collecting quotes and sayings that are in a positive light because like you...that's the only way I like to be.
As for my son's story, it still makes me chuckle and believe it or not it was the younger one that grew up to love cooking!!! Go figure! :)

DubLiMan said...

The quote that you left ..."A hundred years from now it will not matter the house I lived in, the car I drove or the size of my bank account...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."

I need to know is this your own, or did you see it somewhere. If you saw it, who said it. I want to be very careful in regards to plagiarism. If this quote is yours, I will post it with another link to your site.

trish said...

It's not my own but it was signed....author unknown and it's on coffee cups etc. so it's a well known quote.
Trish

DubLiMan said...

I thought it sounded familiar. What I am really looking for is personal quotes, stories, anecdotes, etc that relates to my theme. Thanks for sharing though.